|Presentation Slides for #161 (12:30-1:45 PM) Assessing Candidates, Programs, and Units: Pitfalls and Possibilities of Portfolios, Teacher Work Samples, SPA and State Reviews - Portfolios. (84K)||Presentation Slides for #188 (3:15-4:45 PM) Major Forum: Developing and Using ePortfolios for Assessment and Accreditation - Common Tools (95K)|
My "Online Portfolio Adventure"
where I re-created my portfolio with 17 different online portfolio tools, services or software.
- Wilkerson, J.R., & Lang, W.S. (2003, December 3). Portfolios, the Pied Piper of teacher certification assessments: Legal and psychometric issues. Education Policy Analysis Archives, 11(45).
An excellent article on the issues of using portfolios for high stakes assessment.
- Placier, P., Fitzgerald, K., and Hall, P. (2000) “I Just Did It to Get it Done” – Thepresented at annual meeting of AERA, April 2001, Seattle WA.
Transformation of Intentions in Portfolio Assessment in Teacher Education. Paper
- Barrett, H. (2004a) "Differentiating Electronic Portfolios and Online Assessment Management Systems." Proceedings of the 2004 Annual Conference of the Society for Information Technology in Teacher Education
- Barrett, H. (2004b) "Electronic Portfolios as Digital Stories of Deep Learning: Emerging Digital Tools to Support Reflection in Learner-Centered Portfolios."
- Barrett, H. and Wilkerson, J. (2004) "Conflicting Paradigms in Electronic Portfolio Approaches"
- Barrett, H.C. and Carney, J.T. (2005) "Conflicting Paradigms and Competing Purposes in Electronic Portfolio Development" - Submitted to Educational Assessment, an LEA Journal, for an issue focusing on Assessing Technology Competencies, July 2005.